[Zope] Keep track of language.

Dimitris Andrakakis dandraka_info@yahoo.com
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 03:07:21 +0200

 pattreea wrote:
> i would like to create a homepage which have two languages. If I put the
> language flags in the menu, how can I keep track the language and check which
> language is selected?

This is how we do it... like Philippe said, we've split the site in two
parts, /en for english and /gr for greek. /index_html is only a redirector:
if user comes from the .gr domain, the browser is redirected to /gr,
else to /en. Clicking the flag icon sends him to the other root, i.e.
if his in /gr/anywhere and clicks on the english flag, he is sent to /en
(and not /en/anywhere). This is done mainly because the two parts
do *not* contain the same content.

Dimitris @ Nuclear