[Zope] Re: [Zope-Annce] Localized DateTime classes

Oleg Broytmann Oleg Broytmann <phd@mail2.phd.pp.ru>
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 13:09:01 +0300 (MSK)

On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Hannu Krosing wrote:
> > On Sun, 18 Mar 2001, svedovelli wrote:
> > > French, but I plan in future to create a more sophisticated version which
> > > will try to guess in which country the system is running in order to return
> > > the proper translation.
> >
> >    ...but why guess? Just use locale settings!
>
> How do you get locale settings from HTTP client ?

   Ah, so you want to do it based on client settings? I never thought of
it. I prefer to use server-side locale settings. How it'd help if a French
user visits my Russian site and see the site in Russian with French time? :)

PS. [offtopic] Did you see my question on Python in Postgres backend?

Oleg.
----
     Oleg Broytmann     http://www.zope.org/Members/phd/     phd@phd.pp.ru