[Zope] dtml-sendmail and envelop sender [Q]

Frank Tegtmeyer frank.tegtmeyer@cia-mediahaus.de
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 12:25:12 +0100

> The Internet mail message specification (RFC 822) defined
> a header to control error reports.

That's wrong. Errors go to the envelope sender. There are
many, many bad gateways that do it wrong but there number still
doesn't make it right.

> I think, it is "Error-To", but I am not sure.
> Please check the spec.

Errors-To is a deprecated sendmail hack. It is not recommended to use it.
It stems from the old days where gateways had no idea about envelopes.

To answer the original question: dtml-sendmail is as limited as most other
scripts that are used to send mail from forms. The best would be to use
an external Python script that accepts parameters for the envelope.

Regards, Frank