[Zope] dtml-sendmail and envelop sender [Q]

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 15:56:08 +0100

On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 12:25:12PM +0100, Frank Tegtmeyer wrote:
> > I think, it is "Error-To", but I am not sure.
> > Please check the spec.
>
> Errors-To is a deprecated sendmail hack. It is not recommended to use it.
> It stems from the old days where gateways had no idea about envelopes.
>
> To answer the original question: dtml-sendmail is as limited as most other
> scripts that are used to send mail from forms. The best would be to use
> an external Python script that accepts parameters for the envelope.

I have just found a tip to try and use the 'Sender:' header as well. But
managing the envelope is your best bet. Errors-To and Return-Path are
hacks (although I just noticed that MailMan uses these headers as well.)

--
Martijn Pieters