[Zope] Large File Support ?!

karthick ramanarayanan karthick@pepco.no
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 14:04:25 +0100 (CET)

Hi,
   First,the 2 Gig Limit is a problem with 32 bit systems because of the signed int offset,which gives you an upper limit of 2^31 -1 bytes.
But,you can check if your system supports higher file sizes.
For example,a 'ulimit -f` on my RHL 6.2,printed 'unlimited'.
I presume I should be able to create 2 GIG files and access them successfully.Anyway you can also alternatively check the /etc/login.defs file for any ULIMIT Definitions.

Bye,
A.R.KARTHICK (A.R.K)