[Zope] manage_clone - Pleeeease help !!!

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 11:18:26 -0500

Marc Fischer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> it's me again. :-(
> I have a great problem with manage_clone!
> If I use the following Syntax, with an explicit item to clone all works
> fine:
>
> <dtml-call "manage_clone(Folder.N_1, 'N_1', REQUEST)">
>
> but, if I use a variable with the value 'N_1' like that:
>
> <dtml-call "manage_clone(Folder._['variable'], 'N_1', REQUEST)">

Mixing DTML and Python syntax is confusing, I know.  Here's how you
should write it:

<dtml-call expr="manage_clone(Folder[variable], 'N_1')">

This might be simpler in a Python Script, FYI.  This is the primary
reason Python Scripts became a part of the Zope core in version 2.3.

Shane