[Zope] PROBLEM(100) ZServer warning

Ricardo Bermell rbermell@amutis.com
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 18:51:10 +0100

What does it mean "PROBLEM(100) ZServer warning"?

My Zope crashes continuously giving this message:
"PROBLEM(100) ZServer warning: server accept() threw an exception"
(but doesn't say what exception, nor any useful info)

I have installed Zope-2.3.1b1, on OpenBSD 2.7, with Apache 1.3.19.
I've tested these three combinations for installing Zope with Apache:
* PCGI
* FastCGI thru socket
* FastCGI thru port

None of them runs without at least ocasional crashes in my server.
The worst (for my installation) is PCGI, wich today has been
annoying me with a "PROBLEM(100)" crash almost every five minutes
(while administrating my site). What does it mean "PROBLEM(100)"?

In what manual or documentation can i interpret the code 100?
How can i get more info in the logs about the error?
(The Z2.log does not give more info than the mentioned message)

Now i have "FastCGI thru port", running 1 hour without problems
after only one "PROBLEM(100)" crash at the beginning of that hour.

The next thing i'm going to try is Zope-2.3.0 instead of Zope-2.3.1b1,
and if it also fails, then Zope without Apache. (I barely remember
that i tested Zope.2.3.0 with PCGI and yet appeared the magic number
100, but i will re-test it anyway)

-- Ricardo