[Zope] Strange ZCatalog behaviour

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 21:38:24 +0100 (CET)

Ingo Wilmer writes:
 > I experience Problems using ZCatalog,
 > See following example:
 > <dtml-in "Catalog(meta_type=3D'ZClass_seite_press',region=3Dzregion)">
 > where zregion is one string and region is a list indexd as text
If "region" is a text index, the corresponding (indexed) value should
be a string. I do not know (doubt it) that ZCatalog can index
lists in a text index.

 > when i change this to    =20
 > <dtml-in "Catalog(meta_type=3D'ZClass_seite_press',region in zregion)">
 > where zregion itself is a list, containing 3 or more strings that=20
 > should match on some instances of ZClass_seite_presse i can't
 > even get this into zope, because i recive this error
 >
 > non-keyword arg after keyword arg
That is clear:

  "in" is a Python operator.
  "region in zregion" evaluates to either 0 or 1.
  Thus, you call:

	"Catalog(meta_type='ZClass_seite_press',1)"

  Not what you want... And Python does it neither...

Dieter