[Zope] Re: Howto debug (Re: PostgreSQL Problem)

Andreas Tille tillea@rki.de
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 16:12:52 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Steve Spicklemire wrote:

> you might also try just:
>
> <dtml-var MenuItem>
Thanks for your hints.  I tried both (i.Menuitem, MenuItem and also
i.MenuItem).  The usage of
   <dtml-var Menuitem>
seemed me the best because this is the exact spelling when I use
the database connection query test.  The column was just named Menuitem
regardingless the fact that it is spelled MenuItem in the SQL statement
(OK, column names in PostgreSQL are case insensitive - why should they
be in Zope??).  Moreover there was no table prefix in the test-output.

I wonder if there is an internal object which contains all valid
column names I could query.
One more idea:  If I test the query I have to go through an extra screen
where I have to commit that "This query requires no input."  Could this
cause any problem?

> good luck!
Thanks for the hints

            Andreas.