[Zope] Missing Management Screens - which browser and zope versions?

Albert Kinderman albert.kinderman@csun.edu
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 08:33:29 -0800

Recently, there has been a thread on management screens not being
visible with certain browsers. In particular, there has been
mention of a particular version of a very popular browser from a
large company.  The solution that I have seen proposed is to
upgrade the browser.

My content providers are administrative assistants to Associate
Vice Presidents of my University.  Supplying content through the
management screens is about the lowest priority job that they
have.  I am not in a position to tell the Associate Vice
Presidents that there is a problem with their browser and the
browser of their administrative assistants and that they should
upgrade their browsers to fix MY problem.

Currently, I am still running zope 2.0.1 and have not had a
problem of this type in two years.  I am afraid that if I upgrade
to 2.3.x, problems might pop up.

Does anyone have a list of incompatible browser and zope version
combinations?

If the incompatible browser is incompatible with all versions of
zope, then I can assume that none of my content providers is using
that browser and I can upgrade safely.

I know we can blame the browser for breaking the management
screens, but that does not provide a solution in many situations.

Al

--
Albert Kinderman      Department of Management Science
       California State University, Northridge