[Zope] Virtual Hosting configuration for Zope

Jonathan (Listserv Account) listsmurf@ur.nl
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 11:16:49 +0100

> I've put together the following solutions for virtual hosting of domains
> and I'm looking for some feedback from the list.
>
> The solution uses TinyTable, Virtual Host Monster and AccessRule and a
> DTML method to process all inbound requests by domain name similar to
> the way in which SiteRoot script things. The best part is that once set,
> the AccessRule does not need to be modified to add new hosts. Host to
> folder mapping is performed via entries in the TinyTable, the rest of
> the configuration is static. I would think it would be simple to
> implement something like this as a product, though it is beyond my
> current skill set.

I might be missing something here, but isn't it easier to use just Virtual
Host Monster in Zope (add once), configure Apache with ProxyPass and the
stuff needed for mass virtual hosting and be done with it?

Or am I missing something?

Cya
Jonathan