[Zope] Can't reach the "management screen"

Fischer Ulrich ulrich.fischer@sfwte.ch
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 15:46:59 +0100

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------EDE59D1585C153C533AD6707

Joel Burton wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Fischer Ulrich wrote:
>
> > I'm an absolutely Zope beginner. I installed Zope on SUSE Linux 7.1,
> > configured the Apache Server like described in different how tos,
> > restarted Apache and then Zope. The problem is, i can only reach the
> > "Welcome to Zope" page. But the lokal links like "Quick start" and
> > "management sceen" don't work. Does anybody know a sollution
>
> Almost certainly a problem w/your Apache + Zope setup. There are several
> different ways you can set up Zope + Apache (pcgi, cgi, fastcgi,
> proxypass, etc.) Can you tell us more about your setup?
>
> --
> Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>
> Director of Information Systems, Support Center of Washington

Hello

1. Installation of Zope by Yast (SUSE Sysadmin Tool: Yet Another
Sysadmin Tool)
2. I modified rc.config: ZOPE_PCGI="no" -> ZOPE_PCGI="yes" like
discribed in README.SuSE
3. I modified httpd.conf:
	1) I added "ExecCGI"
	<Directory "/usr/local/httpd/cgi-bin">
	    SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
	</Directory>
	->
	<Directory "/usr/local/httpd/cgi-bin">
	    SSLOptions +StdEnvVars +ExecCGI
	</Directory>

	2) i added the following lines to the end of the file
	RewriteEngine on
	RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization} ^(.*)
	RewriteRule ^/(.*) /var/lib/zope/Zope.cgi$1
[e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]
	#RewriteRule on 1 line
4. restart of Apache
	root@susi20:/etc/init.d > ./apache start
	Starting httpd [ SuSEHelp Zope
]                                                        done

5. start of
zope
	root@susi20:/etc/init.d > ./zope start
	Starting
zope:
done
	root@susi20:/etc/init.d > ------
	2001-03-22T14:39:25 INFO(0) ZServer FTP server started at Thu Mar 22
15:39:25 2001
        	Hostname: susi20
       	 	Port: 8021
	------
	2001-03-22T14:39:25 INFO(0) ZServer PCGI Server started at Thu Mar 22
15:39:25 	2001
        	Unix socket: /var/run/pcgi.soc

thats all i did.
--------------EDE59D1585C153C533AD6707

begin:vcard
n:Fischer;Ulrich
tel;fax:+41 41/268 38 97
tel;work:+41 41/268 38 79
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:SF Schweiz. Unternehmung fuer Flugzeuge und Systeme AG;TAM
adr:;;Postfach 301;Emmen;;6032;
version:2.1
email;internet:ulrich.fischer@sfwte.ch
title:Dipl.Natw.ETH