[Zope] tino's <dtml-in> improvements Why, DC?

Peter Bengtsson peter@grenna.net
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 16:51:34 -0000

>     <dtml-var expr="somefunc(sequence_item)">
>
> instead of
>
>     <dtml-var expr="somefunc(_['sequence-item'])">
>
> Though I readily agree that Python Scripts are the proper place for
> logic, the example above shows that there is often still a need for
> some code in support of the presentation. Why not make it a bit easier?
>
> Hamish Lawson

Good py-engineering is important, but what is also VERY IMPORTANT is to
attract more Zpeople to use Zope!
I have a few times (not many but a few) seen sad faces on people when they
see this sequence-item "problem".
What they don't quickly understand is how fantastic all of those
sequence-things are!
And, beginners DO NOT use python scripts when they are dubbed into Zope,
they use Zope.

Peter