[Zope] DocumentTemplate and ZPublisher

ender kthangavelu@earthlink.net
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 14:55:57 -0800

On Thursday 22 March 2001 12:41, Eric BARROCA wrote:
>>Hello,
>>
>>I'd like to use only DocumentTemplate and ZPublisher in a python software
>>(to help publishing modules), in order to avoid having the whole Zope to
>>launch just to use its modules publishing and HTML document templates
>>capabilities.
>>Anyone have yet tried that ? Is there a solution ?

using document templates outside of zope is pretty straight forward there are
some examples in the DocumentTemplate directory.

zpublisher is a bit more complicated i think, first check out amos L.'s
publishing how-to, also there is a python web based email program that uses
doc templates and zpublisher without the rest of zope ( i think its called
bobomail, check it on google or sourceforge), which might be a good source
for inspiration.

cheers
kapil