[Zope] Zope based Authentication. Why Why Why

Ron Bickers rbickers@logicetc.com
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 20:47:31 -0500

I searched reasonably carefully and found no mention of CookieCrumbler other
than this post and one saying there was a terrible security bug with it
(that has since been fixed).  CookieCrumbler on zope.org has "No files are
currently available for downloading." and no mention that it's part of the
CMF.  Searches on cookie authentication (even in the PTK list) bring up
mostly Login Manager and stuff market as "do not use in production" or "no
longer supported. use Login manager".  It doesn't take much to see that the
consensus is Login Manager.

I agree that Login Manager is currently way too complicated for what many
users need.  I got so lost in unfamiliar and not yet well documented
terminology that I just went with GUF.  It's *much* easier to understand,
but now I'm using a go nowhere product.  I'm sure Login Manager is a great
product and that in time it will be well documented.

Given the amazing (and welcome) growth of Zope, I'm not surprised at the
findings, but it's frustrating trying to fumble through so much information
when it all seems to point to the same unwanted place.

Thanks for the CookieCrumbler pointer, BTW.  I'll have to check it out if I
can figure out where to get it. ;-)

Ron Bickers
Logic Etc, Inc.
rbickers@logicetc.com