[Zope] Rendering ones Own Error Message

Junk junk@gargl.net
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 13:08:38 +0200

> I want to render my own error message when the user attempts to
> traverse an incorrect URL instead of the Zope Error Message.
> The Zope Error Message gets displayed on a notFoundError
> exception under the HTTPResponse.py. Is it possible to use the
> standard_error_message dtml-method which is automatically
> generated by zope in the root folder to display my own error message?
> If so,please refer to the procedure/changes required.

you can have as many standrad_error_message method as you like, each one
being used in it's folder and subfolders. you just have to change whatever
you want in the method ans it works ;-)))

keep the error tracebacks in comments and display something nice to your
users.
use a custom error message in folders that can be seen by users and keep the
basic one in folder where you are working.