Philip leaves Arsdigita (was: Re: [Zope] kerberos ? + LDAP + ecommerce + ZEO replication etc)

Michael R. Bernstein webmaven@lvcm.com
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 10:57:49 -0800

Albert Langer wrote:

> Right now arsDigita is going through a major upheaval and it looks
> like OpenACS will provide an umbrella home for various ports of
> ACS 4, including python/Zope as well as their main orientation
> to Tcl. The data model of ACS4 is now much better separated from
> the Tcl side and they are doing a Query Dispatcher for supporting
> multiple RDBMS ports (with some tools in python for extracting
> SQL from the Tcl code completely ;-).
>
> http://developer.arsdigita.com/commerce-project-central/
>
> http://www.arsdigita.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg%5fid=000b5M&topic%5fid
> =web%2fdb&topic=
>
> http://www.arsdigita.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg%5fid=000ZGz&topic%5fid
> =web%2fdb&topic=

Wow. This is a shocker. I'm glad that Digital Creations
seems to have managed the process of creating and nuturing a
community around their product much better.

Another perspective on this can be found here:

http://joel.editthispage.com/stories/storyReader$305

Michael Bernstein.