[Zope] Aquisition..hurts so good

Mike Webb finlaugh@ispchannel.com
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 23:36:06 -0600

Got a  problem and I think it is Aquisition..well the problem lies with
me..but my lack of understanding it lies in aquisition!
I am trying to display the value of a index_html as if it was called from
the absolute_url..but I want its output to be part of a document.  I have
not figured out how to make this call in DTML; so, I tried to get to the
cousin DTMLMethod by looking back through parents then back down through
other siblings like so:
<dtml-var expr="aq_parent.aq_parent.learnix_984971699.index_html()">

index_html contains:

<dtml-var raw_index>

With raw_index being a method of the ZClass of the learnix_984971699 object.
I get the error:

Error Type: KeyError
Error Value: raw_index

I am guessing that my problem in rendering the index_html has something to
do with aquisition by containment like aq_inner, but I do not know what to
do about it...can anyone help??!!

Also, if anyone can shed some light on what the aq_parent is doing to
aquisition that would be great.

Thanks,

Mike Webb