[Zope] A typical Zope problem

M. Adam Kendall mak@kha0s.org
27 Mar 2001 12:49:12 -0500

This seems odd to me, as I'm am usually in there during the same exact
hours.  I would imagine this is just a mere coincidence that you saw no
activity.  Although keep in mind, some of us actually have to do real
work during those hours, so reponse times may not be the greatest.  To
be brutally honest, even most of my activity there appears after work
hours
(to the tune of 9pm EST or later)  Also keep in mind the time zone thing
again.  Zope is international baby!  ;-)

Another affect on all this is, that there are quite a few "newbie" users
in the channel as well. It may be that the userbase that was hanging
around at the time you asked questions simply just couldn't answer.

Now, I'm not trying to say that IRC is better than the mailing list or
vice
versa, I'm just saying, don't let the initial lack of response leave a
sour
taste in your mouth.  The IRC channel is very worthwhile, and quite a
few questions are answered.