[Zope] indirect calling of methods with parameters

Samuel D. Gendler sgendler@akamai.com
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 11:08:55 -0800

sam gendler wrote:

> You should be able to say <dtml-var "ParaMethod('lalala')"> to get your
> example above working.  Don't worry about the _[] syntax, which you don't
> need in this instance.  Assuming your method name doesn't have any
> characters that would be illegal in a python expression (such as '-', or
> any other operator), you can call it directly from teh var tag with the
> syntax I've shown you. Otherwise, you can use <dtml-var
> "_['para-method']('lalala')">

There is a mistatement in the previous paragraph.
_['para-method']('lalala') would not work, as using the _[] syntax calls
the object, whereas using _.getitem('para-method')('lalala') would
retrieve it and then call it with the specified parameters.

There are probably other errors, too, which is what happens when I get
up too early and start reading email at 7am, but I am sure someone will
be kind enough to point them out.

--sam