[Zope] Compiling on Mac OS X

Gregg Hartling hartling@earthlink.net
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 11:26:31 -0800

I've rewritten this email three times now, finally deciding on bullet
points, because we're all so busy :-)

- I'm trying to compile Python 2.0 & Zope 2.3.0 on Mac OS X
- Using instructions from http://www.zope.org/Members/jshell/ZopeOnOSX
- Today's update to the document got Python installed correctly. Yeah!
- Zope compiles and installs, gives me the admin password. Yeah!
- I type ./start, but get this:

   <snip>
   Traceback (most recent call last):
     File "/usr/local/zope/2-3-0/z2.py", line 565, in ?
       exec "import "+MODULE in {}
     File "<string>", line 1, in ?
     File "/usr/local/zope/2-3-0/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py", line 94, in ?
       import ZODB, ZODB.ZApplication, imp
     File "/usr/local/zope/2-3-0/lib/python/ZODB/__init__.py", line 85, in ?
       import sys, ExtensionClass, TimeStamp, cPersistence, Persistence
   ImportError: No module named ExtensionClass
   </snip>

- Disclaimer: I'm a newbie
- I'm guessing I don't have the ExtensionClass Python module?
- It's "Not Found" at http://www.digicool.com/releases/ExtensionClass/
- Has anyone gotten Zope to start on Mac OS X? Does anyone know where to get
the ExtensionClass module?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Gregg Hartling
hartling@earthlink.net