[Zope] ANN: Zope Page Templates 1.0.0 beta 1

Evan Simpson evan@digicool.com
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 19:55:41 -0500

From: "Phil Harris" <phil.harris@zope.co.uk>
> Oooo Evan, sending HTML mail to the list, bad monkey!

Mea culpa!  Honestly, I don't know how my Outlook Express settings got that
way.  Must be gremlins.

> Using the StandardLookAndFeel, then when creating SimpleWelcome example
> verbatim I get a traceback:
>
> Error Type: AttributeError
> Error Value: args

Your "use-macro" path isn't correct, and since I forgot to provide
TALESError with a way to print itself, you aren't getting a polite error
message about it.  Add the following to the TALESError class in
PageTemplates/TALES.py:

    def __str__(self):
        if self.type is not None:
            return '%s on %s in "%s"' % (self.type, self.value,
self.expression)
        return self.expression

Now you should be able to see where the path is going wrong.

Thanks,

Evan @ digicool