[Zope] Python Scripts: assignment error when namespace is bound

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 00:57:26 +0100

> This one:
>
>  index_html = 42
>  return 14
>
> resulted in
>
>    Error Type: SystemError
>    Error Value: Excessive recursion
>
> with the following repeating messages:

Yeah, I've had this one too :-( Dunno what's causing it but it also happens
if you have the names specified as parameters to the python script.

I think it's something to do with PS's calling the name if they can before
returning it. This is probably to make it behave like DTML but is a bad
thing in my experience, especially if calling the thing ends up recursively
calling the python script, which might be what's happening here.

Or I could be talking rubbish ;-)

cheers,

Chris