[Zope] Product that catches webdav PUTs and does something else

Tim Hicks Tim Hicks" <tim@sitefusion.co.uk
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 16:09:59 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Lloyd" <brian@digicool.com>
To: "Tim Hicks" <tim@sitefusion.co.uk>; <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2001 4:48 PM
Subject: RE: [Zope] Product that catches webdav PUTs and does something else

> > I'm trying to create a product (dtml-documentish) that will allow me to
> > catch PUT requests from Netscape Composer so that I can clean up the
mess
> > that Composer makes of dtml before the upload is actually added
> > to the ZODB.
> > Is this feasible idea *without patching and Zope source*?  Will
> > Zope let me
> > define a 'PUT' method in the product that gets invoked when an upload is
> > tried? Or is the procedure pre-defined in the guts of Zope?
> >
> > Any help is much appreciated.
>
> You should probably check out:
>
> http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/HookablePUTCreation

Thanks Brian, that does seem to be what I'm after, however, I couldn't make
it do what I expected.  After many attempts at solving the problem, I
defined a PUT method that seems to be called instead of the PUT_factory when
uploading from Composer into the webdav_src_port.  Is this what would be
expected?  If so, I think I misunderstand the use of PUT_factory.

cheers for the help

tim