[Zope] Compiling on Mac OS X

Gregg Hartling hartling@earthlink.net
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 08:46:42 -0800

Update from my original post yesterday:

Somehow, some way, Zope is running on my OS X box. I don't think I did it
right, but it magically worked. What I did was to *not* make any changes to
the inst/do.py script as mentioned in the HOW-TO. I just left the file the
way it was, and Zope compiled. It took a long time to start up, and wasn't
able to install the tutorial files, but it's running. And it didn't complain
about not finding the ExtensionClass module.

I'm fairly certain that it's not a clean install, and I'm watching out for
things that are broken, but I was able to import a fairly complex site I'm
working on, and everything is working thus far.

Again, I'll disclaim that I'm a newbie and don't understand the
repercussions of *not* including the do('makeOPT="-traditional-cpp""') as
specified in the docs. All I know is that it's pretty cool to see Zope
running on Mac OS X. :-)

Gregg.
hartling@earthlink.net