[Zope] Zope feature request to-be

Peter Bengtsson peter@grenna.net
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 12:06:11 +0100

If this cannot be done, then I'll post it properly as a feature request.

Is it possible to see when/how/if objects are being used?
Sometimes I wonder to myself when  I look through old code "is this image
being used here or can I delete it??"

I have heard of a program that looks through all of your static html files
to find orphan images and files which are never referenced to.
If I could only set a "watch" on an object, and ask it to "say hey" each
time it is being used. Having that prepared I can then let the site run for
a week or two and I will then have a descent answer whether the object is
being used or not.
If it was a DTML Document or Method or something similar I could stick in
something in it to do this automatically.
With images, can I not search for them in the logs? Or does that not work if
the id of the images are like this: image_gif??

Peter