[Zope] Compiling on Mac OS X

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 13:35:17 +0100

On 28/3/01 5:39 pm, "tom smith" <tom@othermedia.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, March 27, 2001, at 08:54 PM, Steve Spicklemire wrote:
>

>> Hi Gregg,
>>
>> Hmm.. somehow your 'pythonpath' seems to be out of whack. I've built/run
>> Zope on the public beta with no problem... I should get the release
>> version soon.. when I do I'll ship you details..
>>
>> what does:
>>
>> find /usr/local/zope/2-3-0 -name "ExtensionClass*" -ls
>>
>> produce?
>
> hi, I'm too am trying to build zope on OSX too...and everything worked
> until I ran ./start and it complained of a lack of Extension Class. I
> installed Python 2.0 NOT on the main drive so I suspect my path is out
> of whack...
>
> is there anything I can do?
>
> tom
> p.s I'm new to unix

Get the Darwin Python build from
http://tony.lownds.com/macosx/MacOSX-Darwin-Python2.0.tgz
It's *twice* as fast as the python I built myself and has some libraries
built-in (zlib, readline)
Ie
% cd /usr/local
% sudo wget http://tony.lownds.com/macosx/MacOSX-Darwin-Python2.0.tgz
% sudo tar zxf MacOSX-Darwin-Python2.0.tgz
% cd
% python
[GCC Apple DevKit-based CPP 5.0] on Darwin1.2

% cd Zope
% python wo_pcgi.py
% ./start

Bobs your uncle and Fannys your aunt.

Worked for me (now, if I could MySQL installed I would be a seriously happy
bunny - not the easter reference)

HTH
Tone
--
Dr Tony McDonald,  Assistant Director, FMCC, http://www.fmcc.org.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 243 6140