[Zope] Zcatalog: indexing on list attributes?

Eric Casteleijn eric@codenamefuture.nl
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 14:47:33 +0200

> Eric Casteleijn wrote:
> >
> > I have a ZClass (subclassed from ZCatalogAware) with some
> properties. The
> > properties are indexed in a catalog and the indexing works
> fine for most of
> > them. One of the properties however is a multiple selction
> listbox, and this
> > means that the property-type is a list. The ZCatalog
> doesn't seem to like
> > this. It will not report any errors, but any searches in
> which the property
> > is involved deliver a result set that is way too small. (I
> suspect that only
> > those records are returned for which the multiple selection
> is empty.)

[SNIP]

> To index a list, use a Lines or Tokens property on your ZClass and a
> Keyword Index in the ZCatalog.

So basically using a multiple selection property in a ZClass makes that
property unindexable? Wish i'd known that. The problem is my ZClass is
alreday created and populated. Is there any chance of a solution other than
deleting the property, adding it again as a lines or tokens type and
reinserting all the values?

eric