[Zope] FYI about Zope 2.3.x and FreeBSD

Steve Spicklemire steve@spvi.com
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 17:49:03 -0500 (EST)

Hi RDM,

   FWIW... I've always built Zope from source. I've not used Python
2.x for production, but have generally used 1.5.2. I've never had much
problem getting Zope to behave itself. I build the CVS Zope on FreeBSD
4.2S a couple times a week for testing.. and it has worked 99% of the
time. (Once in a while there is a problem in CVS, but it get's
straightened out PDQ, since it's never been FreeBSD specific.)
Anyway... who is doing Zope for the ports collection? (The ports
probably wouldn't work too well with me anyway.. since I'm usually
running many instances of Zope at once.. )

take care,
-steve