[Zope] Images again

Patrick patrick@eahd.or.ug
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 10:20:54 +0300 (EAT)

Hi all,
	Sometime back I posted something about ftp security and since then
I have grown to appreciate the way Medusa tries to deal with the
possibility of an acl folder appearing further down the trees. I solved my
ftp worries (hopefully) by having my firewall allow ftp to that port ONLY
from my LAN... Thanx for all who chipped in.
	Anyhow, now I am back to another post of mine. I posted something
about having a site display random images from a folder , say images and
thanks Tino and Dieter for the info in whrandom. I now have to take that
further.
	The scenario is this. I want to be able to have a web based login
screen as well as a sign up one. I have read the posts on using Login
Manager or UserDB... but what I want is to have on the signup page a
section that requests for things like hobbies and preferences and stores
it in a database.
	Question is .. which of the two (Login manager or UserDB) will
better suit my requiements and could someone give me a hint on how I
would implement this? Also if I have images in folders say a_fold and
b_fold and I have set a string property to the folders say like and in
a_fold the value is "a" and in b_fold it is "b". Assuming that I have a
database of someone's preferences and in it I have a string like which
either has 'a' or 'b' or  'both' as it's value.
	How do I display random images from the folders according to what
is in the database (assume its a mysql database)?

Sorry for the lllooong set of probably unclear requests and thanks for any
help anyone can give.

Patrick.