[Zope] Zope IOError messages (FOUND TEST CASE)

Jérôme Loisel jerome@levinux.org
Tue, 1 May 2001 11:22:20 -0400

Chris McDonough -- Lundi 30 Avril 2001 22:11:
> Jerome,
>
> Are you seeing "script returned printed without using printed variable"
> messages inside your log file (STUPID_LOG_FILE?)  What messages are you
> seeing in the logfile?

I have never really had to muck around STUPID_LOG_FILE, so I am ignorant with
regards to it. Care to educate me? The only file which seems to fit the bill
in var/ is log.txt, and that is empty.

I quickly looked at stupidFileLogger.py and noticed that if STUPID_LOG_FILE
is not set, logging is done to stderr. AFAICS, STUPID_LOG_FILE is not set on
my system, and the "start" script does not initiate it.

If you can tell me how to properly set STUPID_LOG_FILE, I can do more testing
and tell you about it.

> It seems that the problem is related to opening and closing the logfile,
> which may be symptomatic of an out-of-disk-space issue.

I am pretty sure that free space is not the issue. The server for this
installation has 3 gigs left on the partition which contains Zope... A
permission problem, maybe? Why would it only crop up then?

Thanks in advance,

Jérôme Loisel