[Zope] Image Content

Peter Bengtsson mail@peterbe.com
Wed, 2 May 2001 12:42:27 +0200

What I do:

I have the original pictures on a spare local drive.
I then use <zope dir>/utlilities/load_site.py (great feature!!) to upload
the JPEGs from my machine to my site as Image objects.
Lastly I have a little python script on my site that loops through all the
directories and converts Image objects into Photo objects, and bins the
Image object.

I would get the same result if I opened the ZMI remotly and upload the JPEGs
as Photos directly. But if I'm on a modem line the silly web browser upload
plus the process time to convert JPEG to Photo, can break the connection
which is very annoying.

Search zope.org for information about the Photo product. It's all quite
simple actually.

Bonne chances, Peter

----- Original Message -----
From: <dave@kovach.com>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2001 11:52 AM
Subject: [Zope] Image Content

> Hi -
>
> I have acouple questions regarding a photo content management system I am
building as a tutorial to learn various aspects of Zope. So... I need some
pointing in the right direction on the following...

> What is the most appropriate way to say add (5) containers of varying
numbers of images without using the Zope management interface to manually
add each one?

> I guess it might be possible to write a tool that iterates through a file
directory and add an image element into a zope folder... or are there
provisions already for this sorta thing?

> Also, if you want to give someone an easy interface to use to have access
to adding/deleting photos in this scenario - would you have to build it? or
is there something within Zope that allows a non-Zope'er to be able to
access a form to do this maintenace?