[Zope] Announce: GreetingCard-0.2 (development)

Ed Colmar edc@mail.8days.com
Wed, 2 May 2001 12:48:17 -0600

Hi Everyone!

I am building zope based web tools for a printing company in Colorado, called Eight Days A Week.  The management recently decided to open the source that I have been developing.  One more victory for the freedom fighters!

The first piece of code to near release quality is a greeting card toolkit.  It uses zope for data storage, image upload, html generation, and management functionality.  LocalFS and reportlab are used to generate PDF formatted high-resolution cards set up with cropmarks to print.

The code is still Alpha quality with several areas where significant improvement can be made, but is functional as is.

A demo is running here:  http://www.8daw.com:8080/greetingcards/  (zope 2.3 : Mandrake 7.2 linux)  You will not be able to use the PDF tools, unless you install it somewhere with management access.

Hope you all like it!  Please let me know if you find it useful, or make any changes.

-ed-