[Zope] executing dynamically generated code (eval)?

Casey Duncan cduncan@kaivo.com
Wed, 02 May 2001 13:30:35 -0600

Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Marcus Schopen writes:
>  > is there a kind of dtml-eval command?
>  >
>  > I'd like to execute dynamicly generated code like:
>  > <dtml-var <dtml-var someting>>.
> Others have answered to your specific request.
>
> Someone else has had a similar need than you may have.
> And he announced an extension "dtml-eval" in the mailing
> lists. It can be quite dangerous. Of course, it did
> not make it in the Zope core and I never looked at it more
> closely (I would use a special purpose External Method
> for these cases).
>
> You may find the announcement via the searchable list
> archives.
>
> Dieter

Actually the dtml-eval tag is not as powerful as its name might suggest.
It merely lets you write Python expressions in a block without quoting.
It uses the same secure expression evaluation machinery as the other
dtml tags.

--