[Zope] Run Zope under nobody or real user?

Itai Tavor itai@optusnet.com.au
Thu, 3 May 2001 12:27:09 +1000

Jason Cunliffe wrote:

>  > Can anyone explain the advantages (if any) of running Zope under a
>>  real user instead of under nobody?
>
>A really great How-to which discusses hand-on the why and wherefor of root
>vs. user vs. nobody Zope is:
>
>http://www.zope.org/Members/mcdonc/HowTos/HowTos/zopeinstall/ZOPE-INSTALL-HO
>WTO
>
>It made me want to do a fresh install __properly__ as described.[thanks]
>
>- Jason

Thanks! The setup suggested in the howto does seem very good, think
I'll adopt it.
Itai Tavor                      -- "Je sautille, donc je suis."    --
itai@optusnet.com.au            --               - Kermit the Frog --
-- 'Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?' --
-- 'Supposing it didn't,' said Pooh after careful thought.         --