[Zope] Re: [Psycopg] \'s in ZSQL methods with Postgresql

Federico Di Gregorio fog@mixadlive.com
Fri, 4 May 2001 17:05:13 +0200

Scavenging the mail folder uncovered Mayers, Philip J's letter:
> This:
>
> update tb1 set cl1=<dtml-sqlvar val1 type=nb>,who=<dtml-sqlvar
> "REQUEST.AUTHENTICATED_USER">,time=now()
>
> Called with:
>
> sqlmethod(val1='\')
>
> Fails with:
>
> Error Type: ProgrammingError
> Error Value: ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "loginname" update tb1
> set cl1='\',who='loginname',time=now()
>
> Clearly the \ needs to be escaped. Is this Postgres specific? If so, why
> isn't the DA (ZPsycopg) quoting it? Running Zope 2.3.2

you are right, quoting will be fixed in the next release (we use psycopg
much more than ZPsycopgDA, so this one still has some rought edges...)
btw, what does 'type=nb' means? (i only know of string and int...)

ciao,
federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio