[Zope] Announce: GreetingCard-0.2 (development)

Farrell, Troy troy.farrell@wcg.com
Wed, 2 May 2001 17:00:51 -0500

Cool!  I can't wait to see the PDF stuffs.  You might want to make the id's
randomly generated and sort by titles, though.  Also, I got a Zope error
from the add button after previewing the created card.  Apparently, the form
on the preview page fails to pass REQUEST['id'] to whatever method the add
button is invoking.  I'd like to try it here.  Let us know when you have a
download URL.

Troy

It's so Exciting(TM) to see all the new announcements recently: Zope Book,
French Zope Book, This, and the audio product.  Go Zope!

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Colmar [mailto:edc@mail.8days.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2001 1:48 PM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] Announce: GreetingCard-0.2 (development)

Hi Everyone!

I am building zope based web tools for a printing company in Colorado,
called Eight Days A Week.  The management recently decided to open the
source that I have been developing.  One more victory for the freedom
fighters!

The first piece of code to near release quality is a greeting card toolkit.
It uses zope for data storage, image upload, html generation, and management
functionality.  LocalFS and reportlab are used to generate PDF formatted
high-resolution cards set up with cropmarks to print.

The code is still Alpha quality with several areas where significant
improvement can be made, but is functional as is.

A demo is running here:  http://www.8daw.com:8080/greetingcards/  (zope 2.3
: Mandrake 7.2 linux)  You will not be able to use the PDF tools, unless you
install it somewhere with management access.

Hope you all like it!  Please let me know if you find it useful, or make any
changes.

-ed-