[Zope] [ANN] ZShell 0.2

Jason Cunliffe jasonic@nomadicsltd.com
Sat, 5 May 2001 10:59:06 -0400

From: "Jerome Alet" <alet@unice.fr>
> I've just seen the same message, so I've browsed the files with cvsweb,
> and now I better understand Michel's concerns: it seems as External
methods
> run completely unrestricted by default, which I ignored until I read this
> document.

..and what of Scripts (Python) Do they inherit Zope permissions model.?

Security should be addressed.
I suppose one could extend 'Exernal Methods' to create a 'External Zshell
Methods'

But Jerome please don't let this slow you down writing Zshell functions now.
Let's just agree that Zshell is a really powerful Essential Zope tool. An
important concept which definitely needs developing. And it assumes greater
responsibility than the default TTW interface, and wears a large sysadmin
warning label!

I have been using ZJavatelnetSSH Product quite often recently for sheer
convenvince of remote Zope sysadmin.
http://dev.zope.org/Members/dshaw/ZJavaTelnetSSH

Webmin is another tool..
http://www.webmin.com/webmin/

How safe  | how dangerous??
I really don't see the difference.
What am I missing?

./Jason
Jason CUNLIFFE = NOMADICS['Interactive Art and Technology']