[Zope] Image Uploading

Jason Cunliffe jasonic@nomadicsltd.com
Sun, 6 May 2001 19:19:23 -0400

"Marc Fischer" <marcbpc@gmx.de> wrote:
> Ok, I want to upload an Image into my ZOPE which only exists on an
external
> Server. The pictures url could be http://somewhere.com/pic.jpg.
> So, I need a way, to insert this Image in my ZODB. But how, ... ???

There are probably many ways to do this.
An immediate one I just tested uses Jerome Alet's lovely evolving ZShell:
http://cortex.unice.fr/~jerome/zshell/
[note:Zshell 0.3 does not yet have security issues resolved]

First install and create an instance of Zshell
call it http://yoursite.com/zhell [or whatever you name your instance]
<inside Zshell window>
type 'man' or 'help' to see commands, arguments and caveats. Print this
page..
ok now you are all ready:

Zshell has a 'wget' command which is very easy to use

cd to the folder you want, or mkdir to create one and then cd to it
wget http://somewhere.com/pic.jpg
</inside Zshell window>

voila! a new image is created named 'pic.jpg_jpeg'

Take a look at his zshell source to see how this is done.
You can then write Zope methods to suit your own image needs, presumably to
automate the process with sensible parameters.

hth

./Jason
Jason CUNLIFFE = NOMADICS['Interactive Art and Technology']