[Zope] Where may I find some discussions about the pros and cons of Zope vs ASP vs PHP, etc...

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Tue, 08 May 2001 11:56:10 +0100

On 7/5/01 9:40 pm, "Tommy Johnson" <astlj@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> <experiencedwiththemallme>
>> From static HTML -> ASP = Wow!
>> From ASP -> PHP/Coldfusion = Chock!
>> From PHP/Coldfusion -> Zope = Heart attack!
>> </experiencedwiththemallme>
>
> This is exactly the way I progressed:
> HTML to ASP
> ASP to ColdFusion
> Coldfusion to Zope
>
> And I am experiencing a heart attack, along with a stroke. And just this
> morning, I found a patch of grey hairs. I hope it gets better, I've only
> been in this Zope experience for 2 1/2 weeks now.
>
> Tommy

I hope all these coronaries are due to the 'lightbulb' effect and not the
DTML willies?

I've been playing with Presentation/Page templates and they *are good*. Now
all I need to do is warp my mind to another way of thinking - again!. (All I
need is a few good pages crammed with examples and I'll be right as rain).

Tone.
--
Dr Tony McDonald,  Assistant Director, FMCC, http://www.fmcc.org.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 243 6140