[Zope] Create object inside newly created container?

Thu, 10 May 2001 10:03:16 -0700

Inside a python product, I have a class that subclasses OFS:Folder, and upon
TTW instatiation of this object, I want to have a ZCatalog instance called
'Catalog' created within this new folder.  Is the appropriate place to put
code to do this within the class __init__() or within the module's
manage_add...() method?  What would one use to obtain the namespace of a
newly created object after it is set in the ODB via _setObject()?

I assume that after calling _setObject() in manage_add...(), that one could
traverse into the namespace of that object, and call
manage_addProduct['ZCatalog'].manage_addZCatalog()...

Any thoughts?

Sean

Sean Upton
Senior Programmer/Analyst