[Zope] Acting As a Regular Server

Mike Renfro renfro@tntech.edu
Fri, 11 May 2001 09:20:28 -0500

On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 04:13:04PM -0700, Ben Ocean wrote:

> how do I configure this in such a way that a client can click, for
> example, http://AllMyJokes.com/ and be redirected to
> http://TheWebsons.com:8080/allmyjokes/ with it being transparent to
> the client? Do I do this in the <Directory> container or in the
> <VirtualHost> container? The latter makes more sense to me, and
> hence the confusion.

Here's a stanza from my virtual host config (one Virtual Host Monster
in the root of the ZODB, and apache running with mod_rewrite):

<VirtualHost www.cae.tntech.edu>
  ServerName www.cae.tntech.edu
  DocumentRoot /var/www
  Alias /spong/rrd /var/lib/spong/rrd/www/
  Alias /spong /usr/share/spong/www/

  <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteLog "/var/log/apache/rewrite_log"
    RewriteLogLevel 1
    RewriteRule ^/local/ - [L]
    RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://ch208h.cae.tntech.edu:9673/VirtualHostBase/http/www.cae.tntech.edu:80/CAE/VirtualHostRoot/$1 [e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,P]
  </IfModule>
</VirtualHost>

In this case, everything on that site (with the exception of paths
beginning with /local/) is redirected to the CAE folder in the root of
my ZODB.

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu