[Zope] [OT] subject headings/clarification

Charlie Blanchard charlie@blanchardsite.com
Fri, 11 May 2001 09:15:46 -0700

On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 01:21:08PM +0200, Frank Tegtmeyer wrote:
> Michel Pelletier <michel@digicool.com> writes:
>
> > everyone else are welcome to continue to discuss it and you don't need my
> > consent or permission to do so.
>
> My opinion: Putting the list name into the subject is totally
> redundant and ugly.

well, i use mutt in order to handle the huge volume of emails.
but i pull mail from my pop3 server into a single folder without
presorting via procmail as many others do. i like to be able to
scan the subjects rapidly all in one folder and the only way to
quickly distinguish which list a particular message pertains to
is with those _ugly_ _outdated_ _useless_ subject line
identifiers. it would make my life _much_ less productive if they
went away...

frankly, i would think other issues of subject line 'abuse' would
be much more relevant than complaining about something that
actually _helps_ even a few people.

just another $0.02, er well, maybe $0.03...

cheers,

--
charlie blanchard
http://baldguru.com/