[Zope] Re: zope hangs

Ben Ocean zope@thewebsons.com
Fri, 11 May 2001 11:08:26 -0700

At 03:25 PM 5/11/2001 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi Ben,
>
>zope stops running instantly.
>
>So I expect something in your environment and/or python
>version. Do you have a plain install or did you install
>additionally products with zope?

Well, I've built a number of products into the Zope Products folder *after*
the installation. I may be including some of the regularly installed
products, but here's the list:

Chameleon/Chameleon Skin
CookielessSessionManager
FSSession
Local File System
MailHost
PHP File
Parsed XML
Portal
RAM Cache Manager
Script (Python)
Set Access Rule
Squishdot Site
Tiny Tables Plus
User Folder
Version
Virtual Host Monster
Vocabulary
Wizard/ Wizard Page
XML Document
XML Widget/XML Widget Manager
Z MySQL Database Connection
Z SQL Method
Z Search Interface
<<<
It could be the python installation. I'm running two versions: 1.5 and
1.5.2. When I type *which python* at a command prompt I get this:
/usr/bin/python
and within this same folder is python1.5, whereas *locate python* reveals
these directories:

/apache/vhosts/Python-1.5.2
/apache/Zope-2.3.2-linux2-x86/lib/python1.5
/usr/bin/Python-1.5.2

When I type *python* at the command line I find the version I'm running is
1.5.2.

So, perhaps that's where the problem is. How would you suggest I
trouble-shoot this? Are there error logs in python? I wouldn't mind killing
a version of python, but I don't want to screw anything else up, either.
I'm running STUPID_LOG_FILE but catching no errors. Also, with regard to my
*environment*, how would you suggest I search for potential problems? I'm
running RH6.2. The only other bugs I'm working on in my Linux environment
are a problem with warm reboot not reading the httpd.conf file and noticing
a bunch of httpsd restarts early in the morning hours when I run *ps aux*
that turn out to all be dead processes.

TIA,
BenO