[Zope] Crazy Problem With Having to Restart Zope Won't Go Away!

Ben Ocean zope@thewebsons.com
Mon, 14 May 2001 13:00:03 -0700

Hi;
For some reason, from what I can judge a bug in the source code that
affects some unfortunate ones such as myself, ZServer crashes every few
hours and has to be re-started. So I wrote this script:

#!/bin/sh
while :
# if there's a page there, copy it to a test file
do `wget -q -t 3 -T 30  http://thewebsons.com:8080/index_html -O test`
# if there's something in the test file, go take a nap
  if grep '^<' test
  then
   sleep 60
# whoops! Why the heck does RH6.2 complain there's no ./start file??
Sometimes it complains, sometimes not. Hmmm...
  else if ./start
  then
   ./start &
   sleep 60
  else
   sleep 10
  fi
  fi
done
<<<
and just let the fool thing run (in the Zope installation). But now I get
error messages stating ./start doesn't exist! That's why the *else if*
stuff, but it _still isn't good enough! Come back hours later and Zope's
dead as a doornail. Furthermore, my script's not running, either. I don't
get it! What am I not seeing?
TIA,
BenO