[Work-around] (was Re: [Zope] Will the inheritance relationsh ip will be preserved after export/import?)

NABETH Thierry Thierry.NABETH@insead.fr
Wed, 16 May 2001 15:31:48 +0200

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0DE0C.8F11B4D0

Hello Iap,

>> This external method helps a zclass to change
the old reference of its base class (an instance of ZClass)
to the new one  in "new" ZODB.

Thank you very much.
I will try it when I will have a little bit of time.
(and in particular profit to update to the version of Zope
in which you can define DTML-python methods).

>> "Zclasses are not robust solutions they mostly seem designed for trivial
solutions by largely non programmers."

If we except this BUG and difficulty with DTML Zope to change the
inheritance
hierarchy, and given that now you can define Python method directly from
with the Zope environment, Zope could have been a very good (flexible)
environment
to design complex applications.
I personaly believe that there should exist some way to have very flexible
environments to design complex application. Zope has provided us with a very
interesting approach (in particular how to combine object orientation and
persistance in a system in a very straighforeward way), but not yet enough
unfortunatly :-).

Thanks again for your suggestion.

Thierry

Thierry Nabeth
Research Fellow,
INSEAD CALT (The Centre for Advanced Learning Technologies)
http://www.insead.edu/CALT/

PS:
I apologize with this mime attachement, but it happens even when I use
 plain text as a format. I have not found anyway to fix this in Outlook.
(Microsoft software !!!).

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0DE0C.8F11B4D0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>RE: [Work-around] (was Re: [Zope] Will the inheritance relationship will be preserved after export/import?)</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>Hello Iap,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>&gt;&gt; This external method helps a zclass to change</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>the old reference of its base class (an instance of ZClass)</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>to the new one&nbsp; in &quot;new&quot; ZODB.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>Thank you very much.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>I will try it when I will have a little bit of time.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>(and in particular profit to update to the version of Zope</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>in which you can define DTML-python methods).</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>&gt;&gt; &quot;Zclasses are not robust solutions they mostly seem designed for trivial</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>solutions by largely non programmers.&quot;</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>If we except this BUG and difficulty with DTML Zope to change the inheritance</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>hierarchy, and given that now you can define Python method directly from</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>with the Zope environment, Zope could have been a very good (flexible) environment</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>to design complex applications.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>I personaly believe that there should exist some way to have very flexible</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>environments to design complex application. Zope has provided us with a very</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>interesting approach (in particular how to combine object orientation and</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>persistance in a system in a very straighforeward way), but not yet enough unfortunatly :-).</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>Thanks again for your suggestion.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>Thierry</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>Thierry Nabeth</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>Research Fellow,</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>INSEAD CALT (The Centre for Advanced Learning Technologies)</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2><A HREF="http://www.insead.edu/CALT/" TARGET="_blank">http://www.insead.edu/CALT/</A></FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>PS:</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>I apologize with this mime attachement, but it happens even when I use</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>&nbsp;plain text as a format. I have not found anyway to fix this in Outlook.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>(Microsoft software !!!).</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C0DE0C.8F11B4D0--