[Zope] HTML e-mail and irony

Jeff Peterson jpeterso@the-bridge.net
Wed, 16 May 2001 14:35:54 -0500

That is the real issue here, those who know better.  For the most part, and
this is a guess, most who send html emails are newbies.  I will go further
and say that this is likely not just to Zope.  Zope is FREE and in it's most
minimal uses, very SIMPLE to manage for anyone.  What attracts newbies?
SIMPLE and FREE...

What I am saying is I am of the school of gently pointing "violators" to
somewhere or something useful in changing the behavior.  Telling them to
stop may work for some, others may not know how to turn it off and are
embarrassed to ask and they need to be shown, by a tutorial or someone
taking the time to explain it.  In any case, our attitude should be that of
ambassadors of list etiquette, because we want the list to grow and we want
new users of Zope.

--
Jeffrey D. Peterson
Webmaster/Web & Web Applications Engineer