[Zope] HTML e-mail and irony

Capesius, Alan CapesiusA@Sysmex.com
Wed, 16 May 2001 15:42:39 -0500

Some problems contributing to this is that Egroups/YahooGroups interface
interprets HTML mail for the user.
So those who are aware of HTML vs. text issues may be unaware that they are
sending to the list in HTML if they read via egroups and then mail to the
list.  (648 people)

They never see a restriction until they get a reply from someone on the
list.

The NIP search engine doesn't handle it the same way, so you see the
attachment, as do those who subscribe directly.

And... users of Microsoft Exchange Server, Outlook etc.. based email systems
may not be able to control the settings if the server is set to override it
or may be unaware that MS does not default to plain text. Some incarnations
require that the user manually change the setting to plain text EVERY time
they send a message.