[Zope] Users editing properties -- howto?

Leigh Ann Hildebrand leighann@onebox.com
Wed, 16 May 2001 21:32:08 -0700

Some background: I'm using Zope to create and manage an internal document
library for engineers and developers. Because of the circumstances, website
security isn't an issue; I don't have to require logins for users. I
work in dtml only right now -- no python. I have only been doing so for
a couple of weeks. I'm not a programmer. (Translation: use small words
and don't assume I know how to do basic things yet!)

I've been asked to implement a keyword indexing/search feature. Documents
are currently represented by dtml documents, with a "keywords" property
of the type "tokens". I'm listing the keywords at the top of documents,
by referencing <dtml-var keywords>.

I'd like for users to be able to use an "Add" feature to add a keyword
to a document if they feel one is missing. That would involve an "Add
keyword?" link, I guess. The result would be that the keyword property
for that document would be modified.

Can anyone offer suggestions/examples for doing this? Are there problems
with it? (Other than the problems with keyword indexing in general, please.)
Is there some more elegant way to handle this, that I, as a non-python
person Zope newbie, could handle?

Thanks!

Leigh Ann

--