[Zope] 2.3.2 SiteRoot and ZCatalog Woe

rob.sheppard@btinternet.com rob.sheppard@btinternet.com
Thu, 17 May 2001 20:03:07 00100

Hi,
I'm using SiteRoot on a 2.3.2 installation. It looks like
there is a mismatch between the Zcatalog and Siteroot.

When I add a new catalogaware Zclass instance to a
Catalog it gets cataloged with its SiteRoot relative path
(i.e not including the real root folder), which is what I
would expect. But when I try to access the cataloged
object's properties from DTML using either the new
getObject or the old getobject(data_record_id_), I get a
key error.

If I use the "Find Objects" tab in the Catalog's
management interface, it catalogs duplicates of the
objects (i.e. the object is in there twice), but this time
with the full path from Zope's real root (i.e. ignoring the
SiteRoot). And I *can* access these using get[Oo]bject.

So it looks to me like ZCatalog is not aware of
SiteRoot's URL magic.

Anyone got a patch?

---
Rob